Wintergreen Essential Oil 15ml
The main chemical component in Wintergreen, methyl salicylate, is used in topical creams and massage blends because of its soothing properties to the skin. In fact, Wintergreen and Birch are the only plants in the world that contain methyl salicylate naturally. As a flavouring, small amounts of Wintergreen are used in sweets, toothpaste, and chewing gum. When diffused, Wintergreen has a refreshing aroma that uplifts to enliven the senses. Through doTERRA’s Co-Impact Sourcing™ initiative, our new source of Wintergreen comes from Nepal where it is wild harvested by rural villagers then distilled by community-owned distillation facilities. This process creates increased economic opportunity for very remote regions in rural Nepal.
- Great for a warming soothing massage after exercise.
- Has a refreshing aroma that’s uplifting and stimulating.
- Frequently used in gum, sweets, and toothpaste for flavouring.
Sweet, minty, refreshing
- Wintergreen has a warming effect when applied to skin and is excellent to use as a soothing massage. A little goes a long way, so use sparingly and dilute witha carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- For a soothing bath, add 1–2 drops of Wintergreen essential oil to warm bath water.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.